Pontiacs War: Its Causes, Course and Consequences
IDW is an interpolation method that estimates values for locations without data using values of nearby known data points. GIS analysis also revealed the geographic center of the conflict.
I used GIS algorithms to determine the precise centroids the arithmetic means and medians weighted and unweighted by death toll of the Indian attacks on British soldiers. Even though the Indians killed soldiers on land, each computation revealed Lake Erie to be the geographic center of the conflict see Figure 4. The British presence at posts like Detroit, Niagara, Pitt, and Michilimackinac threatened their ability to move freely on the water and to control British access to their ancestral waterways and littorals.
The Indian nations that comprised the pan-Indian alliance held diverse motives and aims, but they shared an understanding that it was in all of their interests to dispossess the British of their interior forts. Clark, Brandon. Rachel Carson Center for Environment and Society. Please click on an image to view its individual rights status. View the discussion thread.
Skip to main content. With questions or suggestions, contact us at portal rcc. Arcadia Collection: Water Histories. Map created by Brandon Clark, Further readings:.
What caused Pontiac's Rebellion? | Socratic
Print page to PDF. About the author. He previously worked as a geospatial analyst for the Department of Defense, as an independent GIS consultant, and as an overseas English as a Foreign Language instructor. He completed a B.
- Freely available.
- Stadtentwicklung in der DDR und die Merkmale sozialistischer Städte (German Edition)!
- Find a copy in the library;
- Lesson Plans.
- Cinderella: A BDSM Retelling;
- Product description.
His dissertation aims to investigate the interplay between environment and colonialism. Themes Environmental Knowledge Environmental Politics.
- Justin Weaver and The Sadistic Audition!
- Lesson Plan.
- Die Zweitfrau (German Edition).
- Pontiac's War : its causes, course, and consequences.
- Lesson Plan!
Keywords colonialism conflicts frontier indigenous peoples lakes resistance science geography wars water. Explore on map.
Please choose www. Your GarlandScience. The student resources previously accessed via GarlandScience.
- Protestors United : Alternative Solutions.
- Bestimmung der Bodenfeuchte mit Fernerkundungsmethoden (German Edition)?
- History of the Joint Chiefs of Staff - Volume III: The Joint Chiefs of Staff and National Policy 1950 - 1951, The Korean War Part One - Attack and Response, MacArthur, Chinese Intervention;
- Lignes directrices pour des mesures agroenvironnementales efficaces (AGRICULTURE ET) (French Edition).
- Fort Michilimackinac Attack.
- Hydrological Processes of the Danube River Basin: Perspectives from the Danubian Countries.
- La colère de Mouche (Romans t. 500) (French Edition).
Resources to the following titles can be found at www. What are VitalSource eBooks? For Instructors Request Inspection Copy.
Obwandiyag (aka Pontiac)
With his balanced analysis of the organization and execution of this important conflict, Middleton sheds light on the military movement that forced the British imperial forces to reinstate diplomacy to retain their authority over the region. He is now an independent writer and scholar. We provide complimentary e-inspection copies of primary textbooks to instructors considering our books for course adoption. Most VitalSource eBooks are available in a reflowable EPUB format which allows you to resize text to suit you and enables other accessibility features. Where the content of the eBook requires a specific layout, or contains maths or other special characters, the eBook will be available in PDF PBK format, which cannot be reflowed.
For both formats the functionality available will depend on how you access the ebook via Bookshelf Online in your browser or via the Bookshelf app on your PC or mobile device. Stay on CRCPress. Preview this Book.